After being at the beach all weekend I got a little more sun that I usually do. My shoulders and back went from a nice bronzy tan to a bright lobster red color. The first thing I did after taking a cold shower and rinsing away the sand was lather on aloe vera gel. Immediately, the heat from my shoulders and back were calmed down, soothed, and there was not as much discomfort. So why is aloe vera so good for sunburned skin? And what else is it good for?
The reason aloe vera is so healing on sunburn is because it has a cooling effect and provides a protective barrier over the skin to protect the burn. Aloe is incredibly moisturizing (99% water) and has the ability to penetrate four times quicker than water alone. Aloe Vera is a cactus-like plant growing in the warmer climates of the world and are described as succulents. Aloe vera is a very popular herbal remedy. The Aloe vera plant (also called Aloe barbadensis) is unique among plants for its importance in natural skin care. Aloe vera contains burn healing effects, anti-inflammatory properties, scar reducing properties and wounds. Aloe vera pulp is the clear, thick substance inside of the Aloe vera leaf. (It is often called Aloe vera gel, but it is usually treated before it is used in cosmetics). Aloe is used in many skin care products because of its ability to stimulate healthy cell growth and repair damaged tissues. Listed are some other benefits of Aloe Vera to the Skin:
- Aloe vera is beneficial for cracked and dry skin.
- Aloe vera oil can be used on the dry skin to make the skin normal and shiny.
- Aloe Vera acts as a natural barrier and shields our skin from dangerous toxins.
- Aloe vera is helpful for frostbite, burns, insect bites, blisters and allergic reactions.
- All the Aloe vera products are used as a part of skin treatment regimen and keep the skin healthy.
- Aloe vera products contain the highest concentrations of healing agent which is beneficial for the skin.
- It makes the skin smooth and glowing.
- It relieves heat on the skin caused by sunburn.
- Aloe vera is used for treating various skin conditions such as eczema, burns, psoriasis, inflammations, wounds etc.
- It destroys bacteria that try to invade cuts or open wounds.
- It forms a protective barrier around achy and sore joints and muscles.
- It is an excellent skin moisturizer that keeps the skin flexible by giving oxygen to the cells which in turn increases the strength and synthesis of skin tissue.
- The products of Aloe vera are very popular among the customers due to the moisturizing properties which are best for the skin or skin disorders.
- Aloe vera improves the ability of the skin so that it can hydrate itself.
- It is helpful in removing dead skin cells and has the ability for effective penetration and transports healthy substances through the skin.
- It is beneficial for the cosmetic products such as make up, anti-wrinkle creams, facial masks, skin conditioners and lipsticks.
- Aloe vera is useful for preventing the aging of the skin. It nourishes the skin and tissues with body-loving nutrients such as vitamin E and C.
- Aloe vera gel is helpful in improving the lesions.
- It lightens dark spots on the face and reduces the intensity of pigmentation.
- Aloe vera plant is a lively ingredient in a number of different skin care products that facilitates to treat a wide variety of different problems of skin.
- Aloe vera plant has anti-inflammatory properties that assist in treating acne and pimples. Acne is a skin state in which the sebaceous glands and hair follicles become more active and inflamed and hence produce pimples.
If you have an aloe vera plant, be sure to take good care of it and advantage of what it can do for your skin!